Yellowstone Landscape is a professional horticultural organization dedicated to creating premier properties and building lasting relationships throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas and New Mexico. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
Our growing company is looking for a professional and dynamic Assistant Controller. In this fast-paced position, the Assistant Controller will work closely with the Corporate Controller and Accounting Staff in preparing and reporting financial statements and reports.
- Assisting the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
- Assisting the controller in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial statements that conform to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of financial reports and overseeing their evaluation.
- Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
- Monitoring operations of the company, including participation in branch financial reviews.
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure completeness of the data.
- Developing/Enhancing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assisting in the company’s monthly and yearly closing.
- Assist in gathering, preparing, and reviewing of annual external audit requests.
- Assisting in special projects whenever asked.
- Motivate, train, and monitor work produced by the accounting team. Provide assistance as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Audit or Finance
- 6-8 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Prior experience in software implementation (i.e. ERP/Paperless Solution/CRM)
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Vast knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting/month-end close/reporting)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- 4 Years Management experience
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- CPA, CMA, or CFM Designation
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos Reporting
- Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K with matching and PTO.
If this kind of opportunity appeals to you and you believe you’re qualified, we invite you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.